Thursday, May 21, 2009

CQA Article

Friend, fellow quilter, blogger and guild member, The Comic Book Lady approached me a few months ago with the idea to write an article about me and my quilts. When I asked why she would want to do such a thing? she said "oh just indulge me" and so one afternoon she came by my home to see my workspace and to interview me for the proposed article.

Once written, she submitted it to
The Canadian Quilters' Association with the hope that it would be published in the CQA newsletter, The Canadian Quilter.
The Summer 2009 issue arrived in the mail today and I have to admit I was pretty excited to see the article. The Editor and staff did a marvelous job with the layout and especially with the photos that had been sent, one of the first things I noticed is that they were able to remove all of the distracting background from the photo of Earthbound and it looks so much better.

So if someone wants to write an article about you one day, don't question......just indulge them! Thanks Carol!

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! How fun!

fancystitching said...

Congrats, Jill! I am so excited for you... being published is a WONDERFUL thing!!

Kat

sewnut said...

I will be thrilled to share my copy and say that "I have seen that one". You are a celebrity now!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations! What a great tribute to a great quilter!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Hearty Congratulations from south of the border!!!! Wish I could see a copy of it, but am sure the article is wonderful!!!
Also, love the piece of work in your header---even DH noticed it!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you. I will have to buy the magazine to read the article.

ilovebabyquilts said...

Congrats! You deserve it.

Bluebell said...

How exciting, well done you.

Diane J. Evans said...

I just saw this post, Jill -- Congratulations!

Diane

Susan J Barker said...

oh gee, I haven't got my issue in the mail yet -- I will open it to your article as quick as I can!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh yippee...my issue arrived in today's mail...I hope to have time to read it tonight!

Copyright Jill Buckley