Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ribbons


Last evening I attended an artist's reception and Scottish Tea held at Cambridge's McDougall Cottage where awards were presented for this year's "Wee" Quilt Challenge Plaid-Vertising.
My entry Tartan Delight was awarded a ribbon! The judges were impressed that I had totally created my plaid and remarked that they found the black hand stitches to be very effective. If you look closely you will see that my ribbon is the Plaid Award.

Congratulations goes to Trish Johnson of Toronto, her entry, Down East, part of which you see as the catalog's cover art, won Best of Show!
Trish enters unique and beautiful pieces every year. So why not pass through the inviting doors of this remarkable stone cottage to enjoy the wee quilts on display until Labour day and cast a vote for your favourite.


Now I just could not resist showing off the 3rd place ribbon I received as a result of my entry for the 2009 block contest "Wash Day Blues"

6 comments:

blushing rose said...

Congrats. Good for you . TTFN ~ Marydon

Nadine said...

Congrats!! Well done, and well deserved!

Marty Mason said...

Congratulations on your awards for your little beauties.
Marty

Diane J. Evans said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy that wonderful rush that comes from seeing those beautiful ribbons and knowing that you earned them!

Diane

Bluebell said...

Your are very clever to win two ribbons, do you put them somewhere special for everyone to see, I think I would.

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations! Great news!
I hope to get over there sometime this summer to see the quilts.

Copyright Jill Buckley