Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trees.......thread and real

Here are a couple more photos of the tree I have been working on as a thread painting lesson. (see my last post)
I used only 3 colours of thread.

and this is a piece of tree I picked up while walking through a park the other day. The tree is dead and has been stripped in preparation for carving.
Check out the texture ( This is what it looks like under the bark, I think it might have been caused by the Emerald Ash Borer, which has destroyed many trees) I have some ideas for this piece of wood

11 comments:

Karen S said...

I am loving your tree -- what threads are you using?

Debbie said...

Beautiful job on your thread painting. Amazing background too.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

You definitely need to try using the synthetic felt, stitching the *bark pattern* and then taking an embossing tool to it....you would love what it does!
In fact, the actual piece of tree bark rather reminds me of that!
Cool thread work!!!

XXOO~~
Anne

Joan said...

Beautifully intricate work - as always -Looking forward to seeing what you do with the wood

Helen said...

Your tree is fantastic! I am in awe.

I'm eager to hear what you are going to do with the piece of wood you have.

Frances Moore said...

Amazing tree!

Clare Wassermann said...

you need to write a fairy tale about that tree on that moonlit night. it's magical x

Mishka said...

Your tree turned out beautiful Jill. I really need to try my hand at thread painting. I picked up some sampler stabilizers to try out recently too. Need more time to play!

Createology said...

Your trees are just so beautiful. You have achieved such intricate details. Joyful July to you...

Royce said...

I love the thread painting. What type of stabilizer did you use? The bark is very interesting - love the markings - can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for this.

Angela said...

I love trees, yours is absolutely beautiful!

Copyright Jill Buckley