Thursday, October 4, 2012

a little behind

it seems that I have fallen a little (well, quite a lot actually) behind in keeping up with the Creative Prompt Project. Jaye over at artquiltmaker is still enthusiastically offering up prompt words each week as a way to boost our creative thinking. I thought perhaps I was due to post one

Word #175 is Needle. Check out this huge needle I have.......no idea what it is used for (sails maybe) it is marked England and is incredibly sharp.
 
looking at it beside some normal sized tools made me think that it might require a larger needle threader.

and where do we tend to store our sewing needles?.......... how about this pin cushion?



7 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Send those drawings into interweave. I think it was Cloth Paper Scissors. they are looking for illustrations of art supplies. (sorry, my memory isn't so hot). I remember reading that in one of their back issues.

Clare Wassermann said...

I love the idea of a giant needle threader for a giant needle!

Kim said...

Lovely drawings......is that huge needle for sewing sails for a boat?

It looks like a weapon!

Happy Sewing

Denise :) said...

I love your doodles today! That's one big needle! And when I saw you post title, immediately the thought that came to my mind was, "I wish *I* had a little behind!" It is what it is. LOL! :)

Createology said...

How clever of you my dear to doodle the needle threader and pin cushion for this ginormous needle. I have truly never seen one like it. Falling into Autumn Bliss...

landscapelady said...

Love your doodles! I too have fallen behind on the creative prompts and am inspired to try my hand at the word needle.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, needle in a haystack?

Sherri said...

It is an upholstery needle. And your zoodles are cool, as always! :D

Copyright Jill Buckley