Last week, I decided to try something different. Did I have a clue what I was doing? absolutely not....never let that stop me, not knowing exactly what will happen IS what makes it FUN!
I took a piece of cotton and folded it just like I do the paper for making those papercut snowflakes. What I did then, was thread a needle with heavy thread (jean's thread actually) then I randomly began stitching through all those layers, pulling it all up good and tight, creating lots of deep creases.
Soaked the piece in a soda ash solution and then placed it in a ziplock bag with some dye
After, batching, rinsing, removing the stitching and unfolding......this is what I got.
Not fabulous, but interesting all the same. I think I know where I may have gone wrong and will definitely try this again.............got a little "ink blot" thing happening :-)