There is no snow around here right now, but I did manage to run and scoop some right before our January thaw. This was an experiment and I am pleased with the results. I have seen web pages on snow dyeing, once tried using ice cubes....but this time I wanted to combine the two.
I started with fabric that had been soaked in soda ash, I placed it, scrunched in a plastic dish pan
added a couple of inches of snow
poured some premixed dye (this was leftover stuff that had been sitting around for about 10 days) I wasn't certain it would work, but did not want to pour it down the drain either.
next, I layered a bunch of ice cubes on top of the dye soaked snow. On to those cubes, I sprinkled some dye powder straight from the package.
It looked so cool as the cubes began to melt
this is what it looked like after 24 hours and I was ready to do the wash out
The final results
I will definitely be trying this again.....but.....don't really want it to snow.......maybe I'll just go to the local arena and see what the Zamboni left for me
I am linking this to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Fridays