Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Show is Over

The Grand National Quilt Show 2013, "Local Colour" has come to a close.
The exhibition ran for 9 weeks and I was absolutely thrilled to have my work included. 

"Going to Seed" is now back home and up on my wall. 

I have placed a link to the full catalogue on my side bar if you are interested in seeing the other works that made up this fabulous show.  (check out page 5 to see what the Curator had to say about my piece)

a huge THANK YOU! to the organizing committee,  judges, volunteers and sponsors......these show can't happen with out them.


9 comments:

Karen S said...

I'm always a little sad when a show comes down. But it's so nice to have my quilt back. Going to Seed looks beautiful hanging there!

Unknown said...

Изысканно! Великолепно!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oooh that is a stunning quilt - I will pop over and take a look!

Robbie said...

Kudos to you!! You certainly "are a true tour de force of technical excellence"....congrats again!

tich said...

That is some review of your work, and the quilt looks wonderful in situe! Thanks for the link to the show - some great work!

Karin said...

your work and your energy is so great and beautiful love it. You are rocking the magic.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

That piece is so incredible. Stunning. I love your talent girlfriend.

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

Thought I'd let you know that, while I think Going to Seed is fabulous, my hubby just looked over my shoulder at it and said "Ooh, Nice!" High praise from him, for sure!

Kim said...

Looks like the perfect spot for your beautiful art quilt. How did you hang it so it lays so flat on the wall? I hope it gives you pleasure every time you look at it :0).

Happy Sewing

Copyright Jill Buckley