Friday, July 18, 2014

Lazy Summer

I can't believe I have let a month go by without posting.....even though I have engaged in creative endeavours, it would appear that I have become quite lax about documenting and photographing much of it. Below are a few things I have been up to.

Did you know that it is possible to "felt" stones?  I came across some felted stones while visiting a small gallery and was immediately fascinated. They look so soft but then you pick them up and are surprised by the weight. I knew I had to dig out my wool roving and give it a try.  A quick check on the Internet led to all sorts of tutorials. These were fun to do, and of course, I was compelled to add a few stitches as well. 




A friend asked if I would consider painting a milk can. I said sure, why not.....well.... painting a big rounded metal object was certainly an interesting challenge. My first (and likely last) attempt  LOL!

The can arrived a little dented but a brilliant red colour
The owner is quite happy with the end result

And what would a lovely, bright, sunshiny summer be without a bit of sun-printing. I used lots of tiny pins to hold the fern leaves down, which helped with getting fairly clear images

leaves on top of paint soaked cotton.....just add SUNSHINE!

The resulting print



6 comments:

Kim said...

Funny I was just looking at your site to see where you have been.
The milk can is adorable and of course one of a kind so I'm sure it will be loved. Lovely projects!

Happy Sewing

Anonymous said...

excellent sun print

The Inside Stori said...

As always, it's fun to see what you are up to!

Robbie said...

Nice to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth!! Milk can is adorable!! Nicely done...as is your sun print...leaves are very crisp!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Girlfriend, you amaze me with how many talents you have. That milk can is sooooooooo fabulous!

Createology said...

I am late again...seems to be my normal "lately". Your sunprint fern fabric is gorgeous. Such a fun bright red milk can and with your beautiful painting it is a true treasure now. Creative Bliss...

Copyright Jill Buckley