Sunday, July 20, 2014

Vintage Linen

When I spotted this piece of vintage linen at a yard sale yesterday, I just HAD to have it! (the moth is large.....it's wing span is 19.5 inches)

perhaps this was a dresser scarf?

Upon seeing it, I was immediately reminded of this doodle I drew a few years ago



After making my purchase, I sat in the car, grabbed my tools and the early beginnings of a whole cloth design started to emerge......here is the rough idea, it will be revised many times before I am through



Don't exactly know where this will lead, but I am inspired to play!

7 comments:

Glenda said...

I admire your work SO much. Your whole cloth design is captivating. And,oh my goodness!!! That vintage linen. Inspiration is very inspiring isn't it?

Robbie said...

Love it when you get inspired!!! Then we get to reap the benefits!!

Sandies' Patch said...

Love it when the creative juices flow!
Looking forward to seeing the end product(s)!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful piece, and look forward to seeing where the inspiration leads you.

What Comes Next? said...

how wonderful! can't wait to see it Jill!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

That is going to be awesome! Isn't it cool where inspiration can come from?

Createology said...

Such a beautiful vintage linen with the gorgeous whitework moth. Then for you to be inspired and draw/doodle this fabulous moth is beyond my comprehension!!! Stunning Creative Bliss...

Copyright Jill Buckley