Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thread doodles

While I have been very active creatively, it would seem that I have been rather unmotivated to take photos and do much "posting" lately
I thought I might try to correct that today...so I just took this photo of a small project I am working on (in between others)
My own hand dyed (snow dyed actually) thread is being randomly stitched onto a piece of felted wool. The colours of this 1 skein of variegated thread, wander from palest blue to indigo to a fun apple green, I am enjoying the effect that is happening.  Like doodling....letting it flow and simply making decisions as I go along. ....each "square" will eventually be separated...for now I have partitioned off some segments giving me small "frames" to work within so that I will end up with lots of different stitched pieces (each square will finish at 2 x 2 inches)


Relaxing and meditative....Yes!.....but I do have a plan for them as well, interested?.....you will just have to check back later to see what these tiny stitchery(s) will become

See what others are stitching.....I am linking up to Kathy's Quilts   Slow Sunday Stitching  here


10 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

So beautiful Jill! Love the variegated thread and the effect it gives on the wool. Can't wait to see what you will do next!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You always have something interesting up your sleeve! Love the variegated thread ! I will check back to see what you go with these

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the way you are using your snow dyed thread! Wool is so lovely to handle and the stitches makes it even more interesting.

Chantal said...

Wow! Very impressive. Can't wait to see more. I'll be back for sure. Enjoy the slow stitching.

Kath said...

That is beautiful Jill. I just hopped over from KAthy's.

Glenda said...

What a great idea, to doodle with thread, so spontaneous,
yet permanent.

What Comes Next? said...

These are lovely!

Mad Cat Quilts said...

I really like these!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Gorgeous!

marsha said...

wow- very cool

Copyright Jill Buckley