We have been experiencing some fantastic weather the last few days. I just had to take advantage of the beautiful sunshine and do a little sun printing.
Lightly dampened fabric was painted with diluted transparent Setacolours, then, I just tossed on several different objects to see what effects I might like. I used jewelry bits, rice, bag tags, toothpicks, ivy and fern leaves, bobbins, safety pins and even elbow macaroni that was all left in the sun.
Here are some of the results.
I took one piece of fabric..........scrunched it up, poured the leftover paints onto it and left it to dry giving me this interesting piece.
Then of course there is what always ends up being my favourite piece, the "clean up" cloth. I use a damp piece of cotton to mop up all of the excess wet and dry paint on my work surface and this is how it turned out.
I liked the safety pins so much I did another piece the next day.
I definitely have plans for this piece