Monday, April 13, 2015

Doodling and Stitching

Sometimes I use a pen to doodle...and sometimes I use thread. Making simple lines and dots with thread through wool is just as relaxing as doodling on paper.
This is a small piece I did a while ago......I think it started as a test of the visual impact my hand dyed thread would give.


Recently, I decided to make some cards and thought this "look" would be perfect for creating many small one of a kind pieces

In an earlier post I showed the beginning of this project

 
Each little stitched section measures 2 inches square, once cut apart, each of them was then stitched onto a piece wool that had been given added texture with free motion quilting


those units were finally stitched on to some purchased blank cards


A closer look at the detail






14 comments:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

Lovely stitching. What a clever way to use samples.

The Inside Stori said...

SUPER!!!

Grit said...

Looks so, so wonderful.

Robbie said...

What a great idea!!!! And of course it's so clever!!!!

Glenda said...

How beautiful! I love these!

What Comes Next? said...

These are lovely!

donna said...

that is sooo cool! in my next life i want a more creative brain!

sophie said...

Gorgeous!

quiltedfabricart said...

You always come up with such good ideas and this one is a great one!

Diane J. Evans said...

Oh, Jill -- how perfectly lovely! Where did you find such beautiful cards to showcase your equally beautiful quilting and drawing?!

Diane

Lynda said...

Jill, you continue to amaze! All these ideas in one head!
Beautiful work! Hugs

Createology said...

I do not know where I have been however I am reviewing your posts I have missed. You know how much I love your Doodling and your Bunny is Bliss! Thread Doodles turned into cards is Creative Bliss. I am renewed after seeing your works of HeART. Thank you for always being so inspiring.

Renate said...

How unique! Stunning! Just stunning! Lovely handwork.

Copyright Jill Buckley