Saturday, January 3, 2009

Project 2009

Last week I posted a photo of a painting I did that is to be part of an ongoing project for 2009. Here it is with the next step completed. I used the "Oliver Twists" to do the thread painting. Since I have not worked out what exactly this will become, I will stop here and begin to add new pieces. Once I have a few I may have a better idea of how it will all go together. This is something I will just be making up as I go along, sometimes it's fun to not plan every detail.
I have never tried to "thread paint" using only fabric and stabilizer before but I am fairly pleased with the results. I think it will be much more interesting once it can be quilted.

No comments:

Copyright Jill Buckley