Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Journal Cover and Yes....... more doodles

I was inspired by Exuberant Color's blog where she has been making many journal covers, you can find them here, scroll down and you will find her excellent tutorial.
I thought this would be a good way to use some of the things I have been playing with lately.In addition to using a couple of my doodles, I have added several of those inchies I made a while back, see that leaf?......it is a real leaf that has been preserved and then thread painted (it was a "test' leaf for my piece called Reality Show)...............and of course there are the selvages, gotta love those selvage edges.



I used some of my hand painted fabrics, practiced some machine quilting and even that fun little hand stitch......that one is addictive.
I have also put some vinyl pockets on the inside flaps to hold cards from my favourite quilt shops. I plan to keep my wish list in this book along with quilt ideas so I will be all set the next time I go quilt shop hopping.

The most recent CPP word # 30, is Points.................so I sharpened my pencil to a fine point and drew this Mariner's Compass.


12 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

I've probably said it before, but I LOVE the way your mind works! And the details you put into the journal cover are spectacular! Your energy is inspirational -- and I really like what you did with the "hand" -- great colors!

Diane

Bunny said...

I love your journal, and thanks for the link to the tutorial. I have so many scraps of fabric that this is one way I can get rid of some of it. Love it. Love your drawing too.

Dorothy Vaughan said...

I love the Journal Cover....I'm heading to my sewing room now. As always, your doodles are amazing.

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Fabulous! I love the journal. The compass is gorgeous and I was going to do a pencil too! Great stuff.

Clare Wassermann said...

This is a beautifully laid out jounal cover - is it mostly paper? (Apart from the leaf of course).

Sharon said...

Wow, your journal cover is beautiful! I love it. All the details you put on it are wonderful, and love the selvages too.

And, of course, your doodles are outstanding! I'm really enjoying your series of doodles.

Quilts and Cats said...

Just found your blog and ALL of your work is truly outstanding. I love your pencil drawings...I'm very envious!! I will be following you with great anticipation!

Jaye said...

Fabulous! Your work is just wonderful. I am especially fond of the Mariner's Compass.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Isn't it fun to use up all of those odds and ends? Mine are only 5" x 7" so I can't fit that much on them but I have some large notebooks that I'm going to do for Christmas presents. You have inspired me too.

Sherri said...

as always, a treat for the eye!

sewnut said...

I am passing you a blogger award today, come and visit to check it out.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gosh I want to quilt that Mariner's compass you designed!

Copyright Jill Buckley