Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lots of Pieces

I started a bed quilt a little while back but then it just sorta got left sitting on the shelf. Projects sitting unfinished drive me crazy (not a long drive mind you) so I thought I'd spend some time getting back at this one. The center is complete and I am now deciding how I want the borders, I think I want to make this roughly King size..........I am quickly discovering that is a lot of 6" blocks.
And look what just arrived in today's mail..........these are fat quarters I won thanks to an online quilt show/contest that happens weekly at the Quilting Gallery. Every week there is a different theme, it is super easy to enter. You simply upload a photo along with a description of your piece, viewers come to the show on Friday through Sunday to choose their favourites, the quilts with the most votes wins a prize donated by generous sponsors. Even if you don't want to enter it is always fun to see the wonderful quilts.
These fabulous fat quarters came from Cheryl at On The Grain Fabrics, thanks so much Cheryl, these will work themselves nicely into the quilt above. (btw, Cheryl is the sponsor again this week)

7 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I just finished piecing a king size quilt, my first, and wow, that was big. Yours will look wonderful...I love the blocks you are putting in it.

Diane J. Evans said...

Great quilt and wonderful fat quarters -- congratulations! Doesn't it feel great to win something so beautiful??

And may the force be with you, Obi-Wan, as you complete this king sized quilt.

Diane

Clare Wassermann said...

I think it's gorgeous - isn't it nice to do some traditional piecing once in a while?

Createology said...

Your quilt will be spectacular. Great fabrics you won to add to the king size project. Sunshine Smiles to you...

Jaye said...

Love how the 9 patches look so different with the light in the middle.

Mishka said...

Pretty fabrics you chose Jill.

Cheryl Allison said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love the block arrangement. :)

Copyright Jill Buckley