Friday, July 3, 2015

Garden Art

Have you seen this idea?.....making garden art from glass ware? when I did..... I just knew I had to make a few.
There are lots of tutorials all over the web.  I will give you a sort of "photo" tutorial....but Google it, and you will find lots and lots of variations


 gather some glass ware.......pretty colours and shapes especially...clean it thoroughly


play with different combinations till you find something appealing


you will need glue and some sort of rods (stems)

This glue, recommended on other tutorials, the rods - plastic coated, metal plant stakes from the Dollar store

Follow the package directions for the gluing process


you need something mounted to the back of the flower that you can insert your "stem" into.....for each one, I used an old hockey puck and drilled a hole to accommodate the rod ....hockey pucks are nice and flat and have lots of surface area for excellent adhesion......(but again, Google it and you will find many different ways to "mount" the flowers)



After the flowers were assembled and left to "cure", using the same glue, I attached the drilled hockey puck to the back and then left that to fully dry (cure)  Making these is not difficult but it does require patience waiting for everything to set up.

Last step is to insert the rod into the hole of the puck and pick a spot to plant your flower

I used coloured glass marbles for the ring of colour here

Citrus(y)



great for pots as well

8 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Okay…..you got me……..these are so cool…..thanks for the inspiration!

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

I have seen these at crap shows for a while. Thanx to you, now I have to make some. I would suggest an epoxy rather then E6000 because SOMETIMES the 6000 doesn't work. Look up the epoxy on jewelry making/supply sites. You will need the 2 part epoxy. Have a great 4th. L

Monica said...

Love them! Years ago, I hand painted old teacups and plates and turned them into bird feeders. I wish I had taken pictures of them. I am definitely going to make these flowers now.

What Comes Next? said...

These are some of the prettiest I've seen!

Robbie said...

We have a friend in Florida who 'collects' and sells dishware/plates...I can see him going nuts on some plates folks may think aren't worth anything! HA...I thought I recognized one in your first picture that looks like glassware he sells!
These are SO cool!!! They'd make great gifts too!!! Thanks for the 'lesson'!

Wendy said...

Neat idea!

Createology said...

Oh I am so happy to find your blog once again. My computer is horrible and ill-behaved so I can no longer use Chrome where I stored your link. I LOVE your glass flowers yard art. My SIL did a lot of glass topiary pieces but she can't mail any to me. I shall be reviewing your posts I have missed. Creative Bliss and High on Life July...

Claudia said...

Very Pretty !!! I have a tub of dishes that I got for some kind of yard art....I will try making these.

Copyright Jill Buckley