Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Autumn

First day of Autumn.......what?.....wait....I wasn't done with Summer yet!
Don't get me wrong... Autumn is a lovely time of year....but the trouble with Autumn is, that Winter comes fast on its heels......and I do NOT like Winter!

This thinking inspired me to create a new snowflake.






here is the drawing I did on one section of the paper in preparation for the cutting.


 Staples hold the 12 layers firmly in place


To get the points of my scissors into small areas I usually use a hole punch, but these are some pretty small areas, far too small for a hole punch, so I used the tip of an awl to make holes. ( a piece of cork tile allows the awl to sink in but protects my table surface)


This is how it looked once the cutting was done but before I unfolded the layers of paper.









11 comments:

Rike Busch said...

Wow! That looks fantastic!
Greetings, Rike

Unknown said...

Beautiful! gorgeous design and amazing execution.

Glenda said...

Oh!! Wonderful as always!! So many applications for a pattern like that! Your designs are beautiful.

Lynette said...

Gosh, that's so beautiful! I love the way it flows and overarches. Very pretty.

The Inside Stori said...

Excellent tutorial……I’m wowed! And I agree….I HATE winter too!

chris said...

'Tis amazing work!!!

Createology said...

Pure Genius Dear! This is a lovely Falling into Autumn tribute. I also love Summer and agree Winter is too close for comfort. I do pray for rain though. We are desperately drought dry and burning up here in California. Lovely paper cutting...

Robbie said...

What a beautiful 'snowflake'!!!

Diane J. Evans said...

So fantastic, Jill -- it's your imagination that simply astounds and delights me every time.

Diane

Kim said...

I agree with all the above accolades about your work, it is so inspiring! What kind of scissors do you use that must be so very sharp to get such accuracy? Enjoy this beautiful FALL and spring will be back before you know it :0).

Happy Sewing

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I looooooooooooove this sooooooo much!!!!!!

Copyright Jill Buckley