Monday, August 29, 2016

The Big Quilt Bee

Recently, I was asked if I would be interested in creating a design specifically for an upcoming event. Of course, I eagerly said yes and got straight to work.  The Canadian Quilters' Association will be holding a Big Quilt Bee at their national conference in 2017. You can find out more about it here


This bee will appear on posters at quilt shops, web pages and a variety social media sites and who knows where else.  When I design something for a specific purpose I always keep quiet about it until the end user sets it free......I saw it land a few places last evening so I thought I should be safe to show it here.

I did a few different versions for the organization to use (wanted to give them options....turned out they liked them all)     :-)

CQA designed a poster to feature him on (this is just the top of it)



You will see a black and yellow version winging its way through cyberspace


And, because the Big Quilt Bee initiative involves quilts made up of "slab" blocks that will be sent in by quilters across the country, I designed these blocks to accompany the bee.


I am excited to play a small part in this project.

A quick note about the design process......this was hand drawn on my iPad mini using the Concepts app and my Pencil by Paper 53









10 comments:

Glenda said...

Gasp! How thrilling! Your design is wonderfully graphic. CQA knew where to look for inspiration!

GailM. said...

I saw the bee this morning, and knew it was your work. It made me smile. Love it... Congrats.

celia ambrose said...

Really nice work, as all of your designs are so detailed. Happy for you! Thanks for sharing.

Createology said...

Congratulations for answering the need. Your "BEE" is BEEyond spectacular. You are amazing with designs. Embracing BEE Bliss...

Robbie said...

How exciting!!!! The 'bee' is wonderful and perfect in all the different media's!!! WOW...congrats again!!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

You are so talented! Love your bee!

Stitchin At Home said...

Love the bee! Congrats!

Maggie R said...

Very exciting Jill, congratulations...I love it
Maggie

Sherri said...

Awesome, just really freaking awesome!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very exciting! I'll be watching for your bees!

Copyright Jill Buckley