Tuesday, August 1, 2017

More Digital Design

Lately, I find that I am spending quite a lot of time drawing on my iPad.....probably more than I would with pencil and paper. I think the reason being that drawing digitally lets you  "undo" & "redo" as much as you like. Those who know me, know I tend to fuss with detail. Another fabulous feature of drawing digitally is that you can copy and paste elements you have drawn. (so efficient!)  This mandala, inspired by the little birds socializing among the roses is a perfect example.

The photo below illustrates how I went from drawing a small wedge of my design, then by duplicating and rotating that chunk, I was easily able to create a complete circle. It is so interesting to watch the full image develop as you work through that process.



Of course, once that was done, I added more detail.....more....more...more

I drew it using dark ink lines (well....ya know....digital ink)

then, just for the fun of it, I changed the ink to white to see how the drawing might look that way.


This was all achieved on my iPad mini2, Concepts app and my Bamboo Sketch

As I look back at several of my art quilts and those fun paper cut snowflakes, I realize that I do seem to be quite drawn to the mandala form (no pun intended)



6 comments:

Robbie said...

I can see where you would benefit from using technology and combining it with your talent! Your results are wonderful and look how much you produce so much more quickly!!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I looooooooooooooooove this one!!! Are you going to make it into an art quilt or embroidery it by hand? Oh gosh...I can see you doing a million things with this! You always amaze me with all your talent!!

The Inside Stori said...

Your work always blows my mind……so impressed with your grasp of technology!

Diane J. Evans said...

Oh, Jill -- this is a quilt begging to be made. How magnificent! Your imagination knows no bounds -- I am in awe once again.

Your Cybling, Diane

Mrs. D said...

Jaw-dropping beautiful Jill. Wish I could watch you work on a project like this. I'd just peek over your shoulder, and ask questions. I know, I know, that sounds really creepy, eh? Nonetheless, I just want to tell you how much we appreciate you sharing your projects.

Createology said...

Lovely designs you always create. Doing your drawing digitally would eliminate a lot of physical erasing and those messy eraser bits. Fun pastimes...<3

Copyright Jill Buckley