Friday, November 17, 2017

Another Trish Burr Transformation.

I have been unbelievably fortunate to have had several opportunities to design for embroidery artist, designer, author and instructor, Trish Burr.  Each and every time she works her incredible magic with needle and thread to transform the doodle I send her into a spectacular piece of art.

Last year (right around this time) Trish contacted me with a Partridge design in mind. After a bit of consultation, I got to work. This design was drawn on my iPad mini 2, using a brilliant app called Concepts. The beauty of drawing this way is that I can make requested changes quickly and easily.


Recently I have noticed images popping up on social media sites that told me the design is now "out" there. 


It can be found in the latest issue of Inspirations magazine


As you can see, Trish tweaks the design I send her to make it more stitch friendly.....she removes and adds elements, then begins the process of creating the actual stitching and writing the pattern instructions. It is quite the process from idea to published product and I am ALWAYS astounded to see that final result!

you can see and read about some of my other designs transformed by Trish  here



6 comments:

Robbie said...

You are a compliment to each other!!! Wonderful...congrats!

Createology said...

Oh my goodness you and Trish are such a dynamic design duo. This Partridge is amazing in both your Doodle design and in Trish’s exquisite Stitchery. Excellent collaboration dear...<3

Glenda said...

Any French Hens or Turtle Doves waiting in the wings? I see a whole set of birds. Wonderful drawing. So fluid and balanced at the same time. The color in the stitchery is quite unexpected too. Very beautiful. How exciting to be part of such a project.

The Inside Stori said...

Congrats…….what an awesome opportunity this is for the world to get to know your designs!!

Diane J. Evans said...

Oooh, I think you should now do all twelve days of Christmas -- can you just see it??!! This is so amazing, Jill -- is your original drawing in the magazine?

Diane

Quilter Beth said...

I have always loved your doodles. Seeing them transformed into stitch by Trish Burr is really fascinating. Congratulations on the success of your collaborations.

Copyright Jill Buckley