Saturday, June 6, 2009

Junk Yard Art



I don't usually post anything that doesn't involve quilting or fiber art in one form or another, but I felt the need to share these fabulous metal sculptures.



I don't even have details for you except that as I understand it, these are created by students at our local College and are displayed at a
Metal Recycling Facility.........well, okay......... Junk Yard.

They are each on their own individually
illuminated pedestal.




I began noticing these wonderful works a couple of years ago (the works change yearly) but finally had the presence of mind to actually snap a few photos of the current display.
In addition to the insects and others you see here, there is a Wholly Mammoth, Octopus, a Rhino and several human forms.








Aren't they totally amazing?

5 comments:

blushing rose said...

Clever creations ... I could see one on a garage roof. TTFN ~ Marydon

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

WOW!!! As far as the insects, I am sure they were modeled from the stinking giant bugs we get here in the dead of August.....
What an amazing thing to make---I love seeing scrap reused and made into art!

alda said...

great, thanks for showing! What a clever recycling idea ;-)))

(Megan) said...

These are fantastic! It just goes to show that artists have the awesome power to turn something creepy and crawly into something beautiful and interesting.

Unknown said...

Love it! thanks for sharing.

Copyright Jill Buckley