Thursday, December 10, 2009

T'is the Season

Yes, it is Christmas card writing time.
I really don't send out a huge amount of cards, so this year I thought I make some Christmas postcards. I had some left over print from making place mats to bring to guild where they will be donated to the Meals On Wheels program (sorry I guess I forgot to take photos)
You won't find much Christmas fabric in my stash, but I did have a little left of a pretty Christmassy Batik which was added, along with some beads and lots of stitching.
The poinsettia cards are actually photos taken of my plants last year, played with in Pohtoshop (PSE7), printed onto fabric, then a bit of thread and beads were added and in one case inks. They will be going out in today's mail, with a couple reserved for our postcard exchange at tonight's guild meeting.

9 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

well done - it is so nice to make things to show how you care for it's recipient

Bunny said...

Well I think your list will get longer for sure add me to your list :). These are just beautiful and I just know they are made with love.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Tres cool!!! You must have 48 hours in a day is all I can say!
Or maybe you have better time management skills and aren't, um, kinda ADD like me.....LOL!
They are great! Seriously! Especially the poinsiettas. :)

XXOO!!
Anne

Pat said...

How nice that you took the time to make those cards for the people on your card list!

Anonymous said...

You are the clever one! Your recipients will be delighted that you spent more time on them than quickly slapping down your name on a store bought boxed set (like I did!) Geez!!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

great cards!

Mishka said...

Your postcards are gorgeous!! I'm starting to panic as I haven't even got my cards out of storage yet. I've never been so late before. Oh well, I might just go buy a new pack and get them out this weekend. haha!

Debra Dixon said...

Great Idea and now you don't have any scraps left over either!

Diane J. Evans said...

Just beautiful, Jill -- what gifts of love and what lucky recipients!

Diane

Copyright Jill Buckley