Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ta da!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I talked about a block that I designed for a fellow guild member who is about to open her own Quilt shop. I only gave you a little peek at it then, but today I can show the full design.
It really is just a block, but designed in such a way that it could be done using machine applique (as I did in the sample) or it can just as easily be done using turned hand applique.....or how about doing it up in wool? I think this one would be a great candidate for wool and hand stitches. So here is the block
I created a tiny quilt ( 19"square) with mine by adding a couple of borders....sorry but I really tried to photograph the quilting.....it is kinda tough to do sometimes.....(not the quilting part, using the camera part LOL)
So the shop opens this Saturday, March 17th....it is called CORNERSTONE QUILTS & More which is located at 1700 Hyde Park road in London Ontario.
As far as I know the shop owner is offering this pattern free to those who come by to celebrate opening day. She has lots of fun things planned and I wish her great success.

on a totally unrelated topic.....I just GOTTA make a point of having Chinese take-out more often.......check out the message in my fortune cookie.....how fun is that!

12 comments:

Denise :) said...

This would be *terrific* in wool! You did a great job with this -- I'm sure she's thrilled! And it perfectly fits the name of her shop, too!! :)

Terri Stegmiller said...

The block design is very elegant!

B J Elder said...

Your work is wonderful. What a great piece. I'm sure she is thrilled with it. Hope the shop does well.

Kim said...

But you are ALWAYS terrifically creative. This little quilt looks fantastic. Now are those circles quilted or appliqued or both?

Lovely.....

Happy Sewing and creating :0)

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

omg.....what a STUNNING block! The colors and depth are amazing.
And yes to the trying to capture quilting texture. For years I had issues with that in shots for competition...argh!
Beautiful work!!!

XXOO~~
Anne

Unknown said...

What a beautiful design
I'm sure this will go down really well at the shop opening - I hope all goes well on the day

Clare Wassermann said...

Lovely stuff - I hope the shop is near you so that you can pop in as often as possible!

Mary Couch said...

You are just the cat's meow! Very beautiful...
Hugs from Mary

Joan said...

You never cease to amaze me Jill, I would love one of those designs...is it on the internet?

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Beautiful design, beautiful work Jill!

Diane J. Evans said...

Ooh, I wish I had eaten the Chinese dinner with you -- I would have asked to share in your fortune. And the quilt is WONDERFUL, as I knew it would be. Great use of colors here -- you continue to rock, my friend.

Diane

Createology said...

Your quilt is stunning and very elegant. Perfect fortune...

Copyright Jill Buckley