Friday, February 5, 2016

Paperless Drawing

Doodling without paper and pen?........I suppose it was bound to happen. A few weeks ago I was given an iPad mini2 and have since been playing with it to see if it could be used to doodle with reasonable results.  WELL....I am loving it.....truth be told I just might be a little obsessed with this.

I downloaded and tested a few apps....but...once I began exploring the app, Concepts by the folks at Tophatch......I could tell pretty quickly that I was going to really like what it had too offer and wasted no time purchasing the full app. It is perfect for my needs (wants)....actually, it does way more than I need or will likely ever use.  I also ordered a particular stylus called Pencil by Paper 53
At this point, I am not doing a review about these products...just telling you what I am using.

I may never doodle on paper again.....These were created completely on my little iPad



and so was this one.

A great thing about drawing directly onto the screen is that I could simply take screen shots every so often allowing me to later 'go back" and watch as the doodle developed.....I used those images to create a short video






Joining in over at Nina Marie's Off the Wall Fridays......lots of inspiration to be found over there


14 comments:

Shannon said...

These are great! I never would have guessed they were from an ipad. What great lines- that's something I've struggled with on the ipad. I'll have to try out that app!

Renate said...

Wow! That is way too cool! Thanks for sharing!

Glenda said...

Very, very cool!

Unknown said...

Wow! on the Ipad! You are amazing.

Norma Schlager said...

These are amazing! I may have to check it out. I love the frog!

helen-mary said...

Hah! What a fun little video.

The Inside Stori said...

Very impressive…..my ipad is so old….it’s practically toast…..crashes constantly. You’ve given me another reason to update to a new one!!!

Helen Anne said...

I've been admiring your doodles for a while and really enjoyed seeing this one progress.

Linda M said...

That is very cool, I really should do something like that on my iPad instead of playing solitaire, it would at least be a bit productive.

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

Incredible detail you where able to get, the fine lines are so delicate. Your doodles are always awesome.

Createology said...

Saving paper and yet your results are exquisite. Who knew?!! Really wonderful doodle dear.

Robbie said...

How cool!!! I have Nexus...but I best not even think of this technique...I'm still waiting to play with the Aloe/paints/hex tutorial you did (gave up using sateen). I did buy some fabric to try but have to finish my 12" blocks before I play!!!

Diane J. Evans said...

Simply amazing, Jill -- this app was made for your talents!

Diane

Quilt or Dye said...

Does the app allowing you to do any shading?

Copyright Jill Buckley