Monday, February 22, 2016

Designing....Doodled Hexagons

I have not made much progress lately in the actual painting and stitching of my "doodled" hexagons, but, I have been working to design and sort of plan out this project.
I say..........sort of plan.... because I don't really know where I am going with this, just that I am intrigued with the process and want to see where it might lead.
At this point I am trying to decide exactly what colour palette I will want to play with.....so, for now, I am creating, organizing and preparing designs that I plan to Hex.... in ink, paint and cloth.

I thought you might like to see how I go about this......it is fairly simple really.....I doodle and sketch on small templates I created for myself


I place mirrors to "see" what designs emerge


when something usable appears.....I clean it up and refine it


I also play on my computer to get a good visual of the final design. One of each (different) hexagon piece is carefully redrawn on paper that is cut to actual size...these then become the templates that I will use for the eventual trace onto cotton process


To keep it all organized, each "set" is being kept in a small zip-lock bag, stapled to the sheet containing its corresponding design.




5 comments:

Jean S said...

Simply amazing. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

Robbie said...

So interesting! And of course I love your organization 'skills'...thanks for sharing! I've finished my 12" block exchange..starting a new project but will also be starting on my hex's using you painting technique! Woo Hoo! Finally!

The Inside Stori said...

This leaves me breathless and wishing I had more patience.

Createology said...

I so love seeing your process and how you create your amazing designs. Very clever of you to keep the small bits with the expanded motifs. This will be very intriguing to see what you end up with. Embracing Creative Bliss...

Suze said...

wowzers....

Copyright Jill Buckley