Thursday, June 24, 2010

Paper Backed Fusible.........make your own.

Recently I was working on a project that required paper backed fusible, but I had none on hand. I did, however, have some fusible web and thought I'd see if I could make that work. It is simple really, all you need is some fusible web and parchment paper.

Lets say you want to cut out one of these little sewing machines to fuse onto a project........just cut a layer of fusible web at least the size of your fabric piece. Place the fabric right side down, add the fusible web and then add a slightly larger piece of parchment paper. From the paper side, fuse it all together with a hot, dry iron.

Now cut out your shape.
The paper will remove very easily leaving you with fabric that now has fusible on the back. Place it where you want and iron in place........see? simple!
That is what I did with this leaf. Once it had been drawn and painted I wanted to cut it out to fuse it to this fabric, the fusible web/parchment paper worked beautifully. This postcard is on it's way to say Happy Canada Day to a friend.

The CPP word this week is ICE...........with July fast approaching, the only ice I want to think about should be cool and refreshing so I decided that a Popsicle would be just the thing.

8 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Ooooooooooo......love that Maple Leaf!!!! :D

XXOO!!
Anne

Bunny said...

Ooooooooooooooh wish I was that Canadian friend... I am in Canada LOL> It is gorgeous

Karen S said...

Me too -- that maple leaf is gorgeous!

Diane J. Evans said...

Love the background fabric for the maple leaf -- it looks hand painted. Great tutorial, as well!

Diane

Clare Wassermann said...

Thank you and the popsicle (we say ice lolly) looks delicious

Robbie said...

I'm liking that popsicle! Very 'cool'! ha

Melissa ;-) said...

Great tip!! and great Popsicle!

Anonymous said...

Good idea for making your own fusible. Your simply brilliant!!

Copyright Jill Buckley