This quilt was made with the intention of "busting my stash". It is finished, but my stash is only slightly dented. I find it interesting to see how the wonderfully all the fabrics work together as this quilt is made up entirely from a wide variety of fat quarters I had accumulated over the years....the exception being the duvet cover I used as backing and that neutral grey I purchased for the sashing/binding
you can find the earlier posts about this project here.
I made pillow shams to carry out the same look of the quilt. The backs are primarily made up of the last bits of scrap from the duvet.
Like the quilt, I did "big stitch" hand quilting using Aurifil's 12 wt variegated cotton, these lovely threads were also part of my stash.
I cut a gentle curve at the edge of this 106" x 90" quilt, so there is a lot of hand stitched bias binding.
Not sure why this one took so long, (might have something to do with hand stitching through layers of batiks and fusing) but for the most part, I suppose it kind of got forgotten and left on the back burner for a while, but it is finally finished .......hmmmm......but....there is still more stash waiting to be used. :-)