Friday, April 8, 2011

Going Crazy

Next week I will be taking a "Crazy Quilt" workshop.........I have never had a desire to make a crazy quilt but this workshop looks to be lots of fun so I am in. I, of course, will want to do something just a wee bit different so I have decided it will have a "bug" theme. I plan to use a black and white pallet and incorporate some of my doodles.
I have been gathering a few insect fabrics but I wanted some little trims as well, so today, with the help of my printer and a piece of TAP, I printed images, which I then transferred onto twill tape and even a piece of white selvage.
Next I took an image that I printed twice, (the ruler is just for scale)
with some fusible pressed to the wrong side of each and carefully cut out, I was able to create this little double sided moth that can flutter somewhere on the piece.
It will be a nice addition to some of the little metal bits I have collected as well.

12 comments:

GailM. said...

Ahh, I took a class a couple of years ago, and I was hooked. Your timing is perfect... Tomorrow, I'm going to do a Pay it forward blog and will be giving away small crazy-quiltable sea shells. They have a hole in them and are easy to stitch onto your project...Keep an eye out.

Debbie said...

I love your theme idea for CQ. It will be wonderful. CQ is my first love, and your idea of creating your own trims is great. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Your one clever cookie! Just when I think you can't amaze me anymore with your talents you do!

connie said...

Oh, I can hardly wait to see what you do. I love your bugs!!! This are so great.

I will be waiting anxiously to see the piece you make. I have wanted to make a crazy quilt but just not sure how to start. A class sounds like such fun.

Jaye said...

Love the Zentangles bugs! I don't understand the crazy quilt part?

Bunny said...

You are one talented gal love those drawings. Have fun with your crazy quilt I know you will enjoy it.

Joan said...

Now that looks really interesting! You are so_creative!

Chantal said...

You are a very talented lady. Great work.

Robbie said...

Can't wait to see your next 'project'! Love the butterfly's! how clever!!

Kim D. said...

You sure have some creative ideas, love the bugs. At least it's not a spider and web. Looking forward to seeing what you create. I would love to get more proficient at phot

Royce said...

Oh I love the direction you are taking. Can't wait to see. So glad your art work will end up on the quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

Workshops aren't always about the project...for me, it's about being with my quilting friends, meeting new people, and learning little tips from teachers and students. I know you'll have a great time! Love the theme you picked!

Copyright Jill Buckley