Monday, June 25, 2012

Gift Bags

Were you curious to see what I was doing with that dyed fabric I showed in my last post? I was meeting my sisters for a few days in Toronto last week and wanted to make them each a little something. The idea was that like sisters, we are all cut from one cloth, and just like sisters, these bags are the same, but also quite different.
One of my sisters must have been on a similar wave length as she brought each of us one of these wonderful silk bags. She also shared with us, her involvement with the Tabitha Foundation. I would love it if you could take a moment to learn about this.....it is absolutely amazing to learn how something as simple as this little bag can have such an enormous impact on the lives of these women.


and then when I arrived home, I found a package waiting for me. It was this fabulous brooch created by Sheila Craigie, Sheila was my ATC swap partner, while visiting her site  aubirdwoman I had commented on this wonderful treasure......I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened the envelope!


9 comments:

Robbie said...

You've perhaps given me idea that I can use my mandala pieces with!! I'm off to check out the Tabitha Foundation link!

Clare Wassermann said...

The Tabitha Foundation site was very interesting Jill. The quilting on those bags is exquisite .... Lucky, lucky sisters!

Maggie R said...

Your little bags are darling....Amazing how the fabric turns out.. LOVE IT! and I bet your sisters did too.
I have been finishing up a journal and after working with paint and dyes I may never get my hands white again!!! I guess I need a new pair of rubber gloves!! VBG
I was reading about the Tabitha Foundation.... amazing.. Thanks for sharing
xoxo
((((hugs)))
Maggie

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely as always! :)
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

Denise :) said...

How fun those are!! Love your analogy to sisters, too--very apt! :)

Joan said...

gorgeous Jill - I bet your sisters loved them. Lucky gals ..

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I love the sentiment behind the bags - and the stitching REALLY does make them. :) Very nice!

Mishka said...

Oh, what a wonderful surprise. Sheila is truly a gem.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I would love to be adopted as one of your sisters...

Copyright Jill Buckley