Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A New Bed Skirt

I have wanted to replace my bed skirt for a while......just could not find what I was looking for. My old one was one of those "ruffled" things in boring cream.

When I could not find what I had in mind, I figured it was time to make one. The challenge was then to find fabric I liked that was not over the moon in cost.
The solution? a set of sheets on sale. By cutting away the elastic on the fitted sheet and the hems on the flat one, I had lots of yardage.

I did not document the process but here is a link to a wonderful tutorial. It is pretty much what I did (although, I did not use any other fabric....just the sheets) I even made my pillow shams using the sheet material and still have lots to make a few decorative pillows.

you can't really see the details in the photo above.....the sheets I used had a great pattern....it is a rich brick red with a nice little stripe


Jean S said...

Aren't sheets great! You found some beauties and they look great on the bed. When I was young and the budget didn't allow for much, I used sheets for a lot of things. Now it just makes sense because of the yardage you get out of a set and they're usually permanent press. Lovely Jill!

Robbie said...

You are so clever! Lovely!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Beautiful! Smart girl you are! :)

Createology said...

Custom bedding and it looks very lovely. How clever of you to use sheets as the fabric for your bedskirt. Summer Smiles...

Copyright Jill Buckley