Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cards and snow?

I thought I'd post some of the cards I have made recently.
These were made using aluminum cans (beer and soda) as my metal for embossing. I showed how I do this hereFor this one I punched holes through the metal so that the red from underneath could show through
This card, is a photo from last years poinsettia which had been tweaked in Photoshop, printed onto fabric and stitched.
And since many people are looking for snow this time of the year (I am not one of them) I thought it was time for another "snowflake"
Last weeks CPP word was Cloud. What I immediately thought of, was Cloud 9 ......... I kept this one real simple and just drew various sizes of the number 9. Here is what the cut paper looked like before it was unfolded.

..........and after


8 comments:

B J Elder said...

This, and all of your snowflakes are so FABULOUS! Merry Christmas

Vicki W said...

I love your embossed cards!

Unknown said...

These cards are amazing - something to keep in mind for next year - thanks

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

You are SO creative ! Love those cards...still haven't tried it myself, but have it bookmarked for a someday project!
Merry Christmas!

Diane J. Evans said...

I'm going to have to head to my Thesaurus to come up with more adjectives to describe your creations, Jill -- as the English would say, "Abs fab!"

Now, did you already explain how you fold paper for a snowflake into 6ths? If I'm counting correctly, it appears that there are 6 equal parts to this fabulous Cloud 9 flake. Please do tell!

Diane

Jaye said...

Thanks for participating in the creative prompt. I love the 9!

Joan said...

Wonderful posts Jill - till no idea how you do those cut outs - and the postcards are fantastic!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your cloud 9 project! And the holly embossing is gorgeous!

Copyright Jill Buckley